Friday, June 10, 2016

Till We Meet Again

He sat alone in the back of the church but yet did not appear lonely.  I walked by and felt the the tug of the Holy Spirit pulling me towards him. I drew close and he looked up. Our eyes locked in recognition. I leaned down to shake his hand and the warmth of the Spirit engulfed us and we hugged feeling His Presence.

It had been 3 years since meeting. It was then that he and his wife B. had traveled to the community I lived in. They had come from Indiana for many years to celebrate special events in their lives.  This particular year was truly special as B. was dying and they knew this would be their last visit. However, B. became ill and had to be hospitalized on this last visit.

I was her doctor. God brought us together at this moment and we knew that it was His divine intervention.
Our goal was to get B. well enough to see the beach with her husband, J. God intervened and made that happen.  The very last night I prayed for J. and B. and finished that prayer with, "till we meet again".  At that time I believed, we all believed, that meeting would take place in Heaven and what a celebration it would be for us all.

However, God, in his majesty chose our meeting to occur before that time.  I just happened to be visiting this church in a  nearby community. And J., well he was just passing through on his way from Indiana to Hilton Head, SC.  Very rarely do I give my cell phone number to patients in place of my work phone, however, later that afternoon I received a text from "B." and it was J.,  also praising God for the gift to meet again.

And for me, on that day, I was struggling and God saw and He gave me a gift, again, of showing me that He is there, All the Time and He is Good. Our Father God knew I was struggling that day, and He wanted to show me, he spoke to me with the words, "till we meet again".

No comments:

Post a Comment